Congratulations! You’ve taken an important step toward improving your family’s health and wellness by enrolling in a benefit plan.
Make the most of your coverage by following our top 10 list of recommended next steps:
- Watch the mail for your 2018 plan year welcome materials and ID cards. (They may have already arrived)
- Make sure your health care providers are in-network before receiving services in 2018. Check your provider’s status by visiting the well-being pages on InsideCHI (formerly known as My Healthy Spirit), using your insurance company’s online provider search tool or calling the number on the back of your ID card.
- Before your first doctor’s appointment, verify that your prescription drugs are considered formulary and covered under your plan. You can do this and review your medications’ expected costs by visiting the well-being pages on InsideCHI (formerly known as My Healthy Spirit) or the CVS Caremark website. During your next physician’s appointment, discuss possible alternatives for current prescriptions that aren’t formulary.
- Visit your medical, dental, vision, spending account and voluntary benefit carriers’ websites and register for an account so you can manage your claims online or using a mobile app.
- Schedule a preventive health exam for you and your family members.
- I f you enrolled in our new Critical Illness Voluntary Benefit Plan, don’t forget to visit Allstate’s website and apply for the wellness benefit reimbursement available to you and your covered family members.
- I f you enrolled in health care and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts, submit eligible expenses for reimbursement throughout the year to make sure you receive your full reimbursement from your spending accounts. Don’t don’t wait until the due date of March 31, 2018.
- I f you experience any life changes throughout the year—for example, if you get married or your spouse changes jobs—you have 31 days from the date of the qualifying event to make health care benefits changes. Welcoming a new addition? You have 60 days to add your baby to your plan. To make changes to your benefits, call the CHI HR/Payroll Support Center at 844-450-9450 or visit HR/Payroll Connection online and click on the “My Information” quick link.
- Use your time off benefit to rest, relax and enjoy time with family and friends.
- Feeling stressed or depressed? Our Employee Assistance Program is here for you day or night at no charge. To connect with a counselor, call 877-679-3819. You can also review a confidential database of more than 200 self-help topics at www.achievesolutions.net/chi.
You Deserve Good Health
There’s nothing more precious than your health and the health of your loved ones. Make time for annual wellness visits, and talk with your physician to see if you need one of these cancer screenings: (More information on screenings, including frequently asked questions, are available at onespiritblog.com/wellness/screenings)
- Clinical skin examination
- Computed tomography (CT) lung scan
- Pelvic exam and Pap test
- Prostate-specific antigen blood test