Financial wellness is within your reach now and in the future.
Saving for retirement may not always be easy. There are many other ways to spend your hard-earned money. Even when you set aside funds meant to provide income after you stop working, the temptation to draw on these accounts to meet current debts or help family members asking for a financial boost can be overwhelming.
Remember that the need to save for retirement is real. That’s especially true for women, who are statistically likely to outlive their spouses and, as a result, need larger reserves to draw from during retirement. Yet surveys show that many women find it hard to talk about financial matters. Many women also indicate they feel less confident about their financial situations and less prepared for retirement than men. You can change that, and we have resources available to help you confidently achieve your financial goals.
5 Tips for Wise Investing
Investing* in retirement accounts and other vehicles helps ensure the money you work so hard to earn works for you. Not sure how to get started?
- Stay positive. We’ve all felt the jitters that accompany trying something new. Whether you’re attending a different workout class, accepting a challenge at work or taking your first step into the world of investments, believing you can do it is the first step toward success. Learn the basics of investing fundamentals, set your short- and long-term financial goals, and then develop strategies to help you stick to your plan.
- Get involved in your family’s finances. It is recommended that women sit down with their partners at least once a year to discuss their family’s savings, investments and goals.
- Study up! A variety of resources is available to help you set your investment goals. Through Fidelity Investments, for example, you can speak with a retirement planner or use online tools to evaluate and plan your investments free of charge.
- The time is now. The earlier you begin investing in an IRA or a 401(k) plan, the greater your long-term savings and security will be.
- Remember, you deserve financial security. As moms, daughters, sisters, wives and busy professionals, women work hard for their families and to reach their goals and dreams. Your reward for this hard work should be financial security.
To schedule a guidance appointment with a Fidelity retirement planner, contact Fidelity Investments at 800-642-7131.