2018 Wellness Program: February Tips
Webinar: Nutrition Mythbusters
Explore several myths, or long-held beliefs, about nutrition. This webinar teaches you to make better decisions about what to eat and drink based on real, demonstrable information.
New for this year is the opportunity to earn rewards for volunteer activities. For example, you can donate your time at a food bank, help your neighbor by mowing their lawn, walk in a local charitable event or even donate blood. Log on to the Wellness Website to learn more.
Harvest of the Month: Tangerines
Tangerines: Also known as mandarin oranges, are a tasty and refreshing citrus fruit packed with many nutritious compounds, including flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and potassium.
Close to Your Heart: Heart Month
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. The good news? Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions.
Ways to Earn:
● $75 – Personal Health Assessment
● $75 – Lifestyle Coaching (for every 3 sessions you complete)
● $50 – Preventive Health Screenings (per exam, maximum of four screenings per year)
● $50 – Challenges (per Challenge)
● $50 – Trackers (per Tracker goal achieved)
● $50 – Journeys (per Journey)
● $25 – Webinars (per Webinar)
● $25 – Volunteer Activity (per activity, maximum of two activities per year)
Your health is about more than routine trips to your doctor – it’s about the small everyday choices you make. Those small choices can add up and make a big difference on your overall health. For helpful wellness tips and info on how to easily redeem your wellness rewards, visit onespiritblog.com/wellness.