The summer months are the perfect time for fresh vegetables, like green beans, August’s Harvest of the Month.
Heart-healthy green beans are very versatile and can be prepared in many ways. Try this recipe that pairs green beans with a classic caprese salad. Click here to print the recipe.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3-4 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8-12 small mozzarella balls, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions: Steam green beans for 5–7 minutes (should be tender but still bright green). Immediately rinse in cold water. Toss with most of the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette and pour on serving platter. Top with remaining tomatoes and mozzarella. Drizzle with vinaigrette (to taste), sprinkle with basil and serve!