It’s healthy, delicious and full of color, but this recipe for asparagus salad is far from your usual dinner salad.
In this flavor-packed side dish, asparagus–the March Harvest of the Month–is paired with bright peppers, toasted pecans and delicious seasonings.
And best of all, this salad comes together in just 15 minutes, meaning you can spend more time enjoying your meal.
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb. asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In small sauce pan, over medium heat, boil balsamic vinegar until reduced by half, approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour reduced vinegar into large bowl and whisk in oil, mustard, oregano and garlic. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- In large pot, boil water and cook asparagus until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, drain excess water.
- Add asparagus and bell pepper to dressing and toss.
- Top with pecans.