Looking to add a little color to your dinner table?
Look no further than Cucumber Salad with Pickled Onion–a healthy dish, chock full of veggies and delicious flavor.
Cucumbers–the September Harvest of the Month–contain a large amount of water (as much as 95%!), which makes them ideal for snacks or meals when you need to stay hydrated. They’re also very low in calories, making them a perfect addition to any diet.
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumber(s), cut lengthwise, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. dill, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; stir in onion. Let stand until onion turns bright red and softens slightly, 15 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
- Add cucumber, bell pepper and dill to pickled onion; toss to coat.