By Jan. 31, 2019, the 2018 W-2 and 1095c forms will be available through the HR/Payroll Connection Employee Portal for all coworkers who provide consent to receive their tax forms “online only.” The actual availability date will be communicated by mid-January.
If you previously consented, you don’t have to consent again. If you did not consent in the past but would like to consent now, follow the directions below to provide consent for both the W-2 and 1095c forms. Be sure to provide your consent by 8pm on Jan. 7, 2019 (no exceptions).
If you consent to online access, you won’t receive paper tax forms in the mail but will be able to print your online W-2 and 1095c forms if you like.
To provide consent, log into HR/Payroll Connection:
- Click the My Pay tab
- Select the Electronic W-2 Consent link in the I Want To section
- In the Year-End Tax Statements section, select the Manage Electronic Tax Statement Options link to review and make any necessary updates
- Click the Save Notification Option Settings button
For additional help, click here to see an illustrated guide.
We encourage all employees to provide online consent. Some of the benefits of going paperless are:
- Ensuring timely retrieval of 2018 tax forms
- Filing taxes earlier (and perhaps receiving refunds sooner)
- Reducing the chances of a lost or misplaced document
- Helping conserve our natural resources
- Saving postage expense for CHI
Declining to Provide Consent
If you don’t provide consent, your 2018 W-2 and 1095c forms will be mailed to their your address, as shown in Workday. To update your home address in Workday:
- Select the Personal Information Worklet
- In the View box, click the Addresses button to view the current mailing address
- To make a change, click the Edit button, enter the new information, click the Submit button and then the Done button.
- Online consent must be provided by Jan.7, 2019
- If you provide consent by then, you’ll be able to access your 2018 W-2 and 1095c tax forms online by Jan. 31, 2019
- If you don’t provide consent, paper copies of your forms will be mailed to you, postmarked by Jan.31, 2019
- If you don’t provide consent, you can still access your tax forms online beginning Feb. 9, 2019 (this lets you reprint your forms in case they are lost or misplaced)