In October, we’re celebrating Celery, our Harvest of the Month. Celery is packed with vitamins and low in calories, making it a perfect snack. To add some extra flavor, try this recipe for Buffalo-Style Stuffed Celery. Click here to print the recipe.
- ½ cup low fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- 5 pieces of celery (cut into 4 pieces each)
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. blue cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce
Directions: In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic and salt until smooth; spoon about 1/2 tablespoon cheese mixture into each piece of celery. To serve, arrange stuffed celery on a plate, drizzle each with about 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or let guests add their own by serving the pepper sauce on the side). Sprinkle with chives if desired.