Start Your Day with a Bowl of Warm Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
Nothing gives you the warm feeling all day like starting with a bowl of warm cinnamon apple oatmeal.
The star of the show are the delicious sauteed apples, the October Harvest of the Month. Toss together a few other ingredients, and in 15 minutes, you’ll have the perfect start for those crisp fall mornings.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Add coconut oil to small saucepan over medium heat. After oil is hot add apples and sauté until apples soften, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in oats and sauté for about 2 minutes until slightly toasted.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Mix in cinnamon. Once oatmeal is at a slow boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Top with maple syrup, walnuts, pecans or pumpkin seeds and enjoy.