Stay warm on cold winter nights with creamy mushroom soup.
The stars of this warm and satisfying soup are the mushrooms–the February Harvest of the Month–but it’s the added veggies and herbs that elevate it from simple soup to simply delicious.
And best of all, this soup comes together in just 30 minutes, meaning you spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your meal.
- 3½ cups cauliflower rice
- 4 sprays cooking spray
- ¾ cups shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz. Cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. Black pepper, divided
- 3 cups fat free, reduced sodium
- vegetable broth
- Place cauliflower rice in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, off heat coat a Dutch oven with nonstick spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sprinkle with thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Place 1 cup mushroom mixture, cooked cauliflower rice, vegetable stock, and remaining ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour mixture into Dutch oven and stir to combine. Heat on medium heat until thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with thyme and pepper.