Strawberries–the June Harvest of the Month–aren’t just a favorite summer treats. They are also packed with nutrients.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which makes them excellent to pair with iron rich foods, such as spinach. Many sources of iron are not well absorbed by our bodies unless they are in the presence of vitamin C, so this sweet and savory Strawberry Spinach Salad is perfect.
This healthy and delicious salad can be served as a main course or a side item and comes together in just minutes.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 slices cooked turkey bacon,
- crisp and crumbled
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup feta cheese,
- ¼ cup almonds, crushed
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Toss salad until well mixed.
- Serve with your favorite vinaigrette.