Pair Kale with a Handful of Ingredients for the Perfect Salad
Fresh and tasty might not be the first two words that come to mind when you think of kale.
But paired with just a few basic ingredients, this leafy green veggie–the December Harvest of the Month–transforms into the a delicious side dish in less than 15 minutes.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 1 pound kale, washed and tough stems removed
- 3 tbsp. shallot, minced
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Stack several kale leaves in a pile, roll them up and thinly slice the leaves with a knife. Place kale in a serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest, salt and pepper; whisk in oil in a slow stream. Pour vinaigrette over kale; add cheese and toss until mixed. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving