Nothing pairs quite like a pear. The antioxidant-rich fruit–the August Harvest of the Month–is a delicious addition to salads, soups, jams, cobblers, grilled cheese and more.
But it also pairs well with other garden favorites, like sweet potatoes. This recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato and Pears combines a handful of ingredients in an ovenproof skillet and is ready in under an hour.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 3 medium pears, cored and cut in ¼-in-thick slices
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 oz. bleu cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine potatoes and pears in ovenproof skillet. Pour butter over potatoes, sprinkle with thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven; bake until potatoes are tender, gently stirring once, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese; stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: rounded 1/2 cup