CHI desktops and laptops are being updated to a standard version of Citrix Receiver. This update will improve performance and decrease security risks and maintenance costs. Fewer outages and improved Citrix performance are expected after the upgrade has been completed.
Citrix Receiver manages applications and desktops accessed through Citrix. After the upgrade, your Citrix Receiver applications and desktops will not change, though you may access them differently.
- Depending on how you access Citrix, you may use a new URL and you may see a new login screen.
- For most users, when you log in you will see your new Favorites page, or your most-used Citrix applications. Favorites are pre-populated based on the most commonly used applications in our division.
How Workstations Will Get Updated
The Citrix Receiver update will be installed automatically on our workstations.
- Computers must be turned on to receive the update.
- If you are logged in to your machine, you will see a message letting you know the update is underway. You may close the message, though you will not be able to interrupt the update installation. If you use a Tap & Go device, tapping out will not affect the installation.
- When the update is complete, you’ll see a 15-minute reboot countdown. You may choose to reboot immediately or postpone the reboot within the 15-minute window. At the end of the 15-minute window, you’ll see the countdown again. At this point the reboot is mandatory and cannot be postponed.