Mix Peas with Almond and Basil for a Savory Side Dish
Pass the peas, please!
Everyone is going to want seconds of this savory side dish that comes together in just 15 minutes.
Green peas–the May Harvest of the Month–are combined with snow peas, sugar snap peas and a handful of other ingredients over medium heat. Toss with basil and almonds before serving.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2/3 cup sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. toasted almonds, flaked
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens.
- Meanwhile, cook peas, snow peas and sugar snap peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Add peas to the leek mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Add basil and almonds and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately