Add flavor to snack time by making your own blueberry sauce.
Blueberries–the February Harvest of the Month–are packed with vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. And because blueberries are sweet and juicy, they are the perfect addition to some of your favorite snacks, like Greek yogurt.
This recipe for Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry sauce combines a handful of ingredients and comes together in just 15 minutes
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups plain fat free Greek yogurt
- In saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the berries burst and cook down into a purple sauce, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and salt; let cool to warm. (If not using right away, transfer to container, cover and refrigerate until serving. Reheat.)
- To serve, spoon yogurt evenly into 6 small bowls; top evenly with warm berry sauce and gently swirl sauce into yogurt.
- Serving size: ½ cup yogurt and 1/4 cup sauce