Congratulations to the six internal medicine residents who will be joining the team at Hot Springs this summer. The residents selected for the program are:
- Dr. Omar Bakhaty from San Antonio, Texas. He attended medical school at Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine and completed a fellowship at University of Buffalo (Geriatrics/Palliative Care).
- Dr. Megan Bissell of Pueblo, Colorado. She attended medical school at St. George’s University.
- Chris Buliga of Frisco, Texas. He completed medical school at Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Dr. Vishal Ganta of Edmond, Oklahoma and Chicago, Illinois. He completed medical school at Washington University Health & Sciences.
- Dr. Trent Rowe from Greenwood, Arkansas. He completed medical school at Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Dr. Aneel Shermohmad from New Orleans, Louisiana and Carrolton, Texas. He completed medical school at Lincoln Memorial University.
In 2018, Hot Springs announced its plan to develop new Undergraduate Medical Education and Graduate Medical Education training opportunities. This is Hot Springs’ second class of residents. They will complete their residency in 2025.