Brussels Sprout Salad Combines Flavor and Taste in One Meal
Salad and healthy often go hand-in-hand. But Brussels Sprout Salad also includes a healthy dose of flavor.
The almonds and the pomegranate seeds give it a sweet and nutty flavor while the Brussels sprouts offer plenty of health benefits. The tiny green veggies are full of vitamin K, an essential nutrient needed to help blood clot when we’re injured.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add Brussels sprouts and mix until evenly covered.
- Let sit in refrigerator, for at least 20 minutes (up to 4 hours), stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds and pomegranate seeds and top with Parmesan.