Snacking doesn’t have to mean binging on high calorie, processed foods.
Instead, try a healthy snack, like Avocado Hummus.
Combine avocado–the April Harvest of the Month–with garbanzo beans and a handful of other fresh ingredients, and in 15 minutes, you’ll be ready to snack!
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to food processor; process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with raw vegetables.