If there’s a salad that tastes like summer, it’s got to be caprese salad.
Delicious all year, but especially during the summer months when tomatoes are in season, caprese salad has just a few simple ingredients, and they all come together with the flavorful addition of basil, the April Harvest of the Month.
This simple salad comes together in just 5 minutes and works well as a meal or as a side dish to share at the table.
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer tomatoes, cheese and basil on a plate.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.