Invite This Sweet Potato Casserole to Your Thanksgiving Dinner
Sweet potatoes are popular throughout the year, but these root veggies are in peak season from October to December–just in time to star in your Thanksgiving meal!
If you’re looking for a little side-dish inspiration this Turkey Day, look no further than this sweet and nutty recipe featuring sweet potatoes, the November Harvest of the Month.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 12 small to medium turnips, peeled
- 5 sprays cooking spray
- 6 cups canned mashed sweet potatoes,
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¹/3 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. unpacked brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. regular butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine sweet potato puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt and eggs in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
Combine oats, pecans, flour, brown sugar, butter and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, tossing well. Sprinkle mixture evenly over sweet potato mixture. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly browned, about 35 minutes.