Looking for a recipe that’s healthy and comes together quickly?
Try Mushroom and Zucchini Saute, ready in just 15 minutes–perfect for those busy weeknights!
Mushrooms–the February Harvest of the Month–are actually a fungus, rather than a vegetable. They are full of healthy benefits, including being a good source of potassium. One cup of mushrooms has almost as much potassium as a medium banana.
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat add zucchini stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and oregano, cook until softened, about 1 minute,
continue stirring. Season with salt and pepper.