CHI St. Vincent and the Little Rock Oncology Nursing Network will jointly provide a course to prepare registered nurses to administer chemotherapy. This course is free to CHI St. Vincent employees.
The course content includes:
- Principles of Cancer and Cancer Treatment
- Pre-treatment, Safe Handling of Antineoplastic Agents
- Pharmacology of Antineoplastic and Biotherapy Agents
- Chemotherapy Administration Routes
- Implanted Ports
- Infusion-related Complications
- Management of Treatment Side Effects
- Organ Toxicities and Late Effects
- Post Treatment Care and Survivorship
Participants who attend the course and pass the exam will be awarded 13.7 contact hours.
Register in the Knowledge HUB by selecting “chemotherapy course.” An electronic brochure will be emailed to you with additional information.
For more information, contact:
- Sandra (Sandi) Yeager, BSN, RN, 501.552.3683 or email@example.com
- Rex Genovia, MSN, RN, CNL, 501.552.3796 or firstname.lastname@example.org