That’s what you’ll be saying after you whip up this recipe for Pea Salad.
Combine peas–the May Harvest of the Month–with bacon, onion, cheese and seasonings and mix with a homemade dressing. This recipe comes together in minutes then goes in the fridge for an hour.
- 2 pounds frozen peas, thawed
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Rinse peas using cool water.
- To make dressing, mix mayonnaise, Cajun, lemon juice, Worcestershire, paprika and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Add peas, bacon crumbles, chopped onion and shredded cheese to dressing and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.