Easy Peasy Pea Salad Is a Treat for Everyone
That’s what you’ll be saying after you whip up this recipe for Pea Salad.
Combine peas–the May Harvest of the Month–with bacon, onion, cheese and seasonings and mix with a homemade dressing. This recipe comes together in minutes then goes in the fridge for an hour.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 2 pounds frozen peas, thawed
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Rinse peas using cool water.
- To make dressing, mix mayonnaise, Cajun, lemon juice, Worcestershire, paprika and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Add peas, bacon crumbles, chopped onion and shredded cheese to dressing and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.