Tasty Black-eyed Pea Salad Comes Together in Minutes
Black-eyed peas aren’t just for good luck! This legume also has plenty of health benefits.
Black-eyed peas, the January Harvest of the Month, are considered a good luck dish to eat on New Year’s Day, and they are rich in folate and fiber.
This fresh and healthy black-eyed pea salad is chock full of vitamins and comes together in just 12 minutes.
Click here to print the recipe.
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce (about 4 drops)
- 15½ oz. canned black-eyed peas,
- rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 rib celery, diced
- 1 leaf green or red lettuce
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, pepper, salt, and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the black-eyed peas, onion, bell peppers, and celery.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- To serve, line a serving plate with the lettuce leaves and top with the salad.