Cinnamon–the January Harvest of the Month–is a great addition to so many dishes because of the warmth and flavor it brings. But it also offers plenty of health benefits.
Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants. Looking for a way to include healthy cinnamon in your diet? Try this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats.
Mix the ingredients together then refrigerate overnight. In the morning, you’ll have a heart-healthy breakfast ready to go!
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 8 tsp. brown sugar
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Divide evenly between five jars.
- Screw on lids and refrigerate overnight, or for up to 5 days.
- In the morning, heat and enjoy.