The versatility of potatoes has made them one of the most popular foods in the world. We eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and we can add seasoning or herbs to give them a completely different flavor.
This recipe for Roasted Rosemary Potatoes combines potatoes–the June Harvest of the Month–with a handful of ingredients for a mouth-watering side dish ready in just under an hour.
- 3 Russet potatoes, quartered
- 8 shallots, peeled,
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F; position rack in middle of oven.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with shallots, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper until combined. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large rimmed sheet pan. Roast until browned and crisp, stirring potatoes every 20 minutes to ensure even browning, at least 45 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack, adjust seasonings and serve.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup