Get your ornaments and tinsel ready, it’s time for the Smallest Christmas Tree Decorating Contest!
Trees will be distributed during safety huddles on November 14. It’s first come first, serve.
All trees must be decorated to follow the holiday tree decorating safety/regulatory guidelines:
- Must use tree provided and must be located at nursing station or central area for other departments.
- Be mindful of ceiling height and sprinkler location.
- No electrical lights (battery operated lights are permissible).
- No glass or breakable ornaments.
- Please do not utilize hospital supplies.
- Do not hang anything from the ceiling.
- Do not attach anything to any doors.
- Please be aware of the current patient population to ensure patient safety.
Additional table top decor may be used, however, it must comply with all safety guidelines in reference to hospital policy.
The best trees at each facility will be recognized with the following awards:
- Outstanding Creativity: Most original tree
- Mission: The tree that best showcases our mission to be the extension of Christ’s ministry of healing and hope to the world
- President’s Award: The best overall tree at each facility
Winners will be announced on December 9, and the winning trees may be displayed at LDI on December 15.
For any questions about the contest, reach out to Michael Millard at 318.840.9196.